William’s Jalapeño Waffle Stack with Chorizo and Pepper Jack
- 15-20 minutes Prep | 10 minutes Cooking
1. Spray skillet with olive oil spray and add chopped garlic and chorizo sausage.
2. Sauté until sausage is warm through and starts to break down oil. Be careful not to overcook as sausage will become crunchy.
1. Stir together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking soda, baking powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, in medium bowl.
2. Add egg, buttermilk and mayonnaise to dry mixture and mix well.
3. Stir in chopped jalapeño and pepper jack cheese.
4. Spoon into waffle iron and cook until golden brown (mixture will be thick so use a ½ cup measuring cup to add into waffle iron and spread with spoon).
5. Place 2 quarters of the waffle on a plate. Top with a couple spoonfuls of sausage mixture.
6. Place egg over the top of the sausage.
7. Top egg with sour cream and sprinkle with shredded pepper jack cheese, then top off with spring onion.