Tex-Mex Squash CasserolePrint Recipe
- 20 minutes Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
- 8 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13” baking dish.
2. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan, add the onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add the squash, season with salt and pepper, and cook until squash is slightly tender.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the tomatoes, chiles, mayonnaise, sour cream, cumin, garlic, and one cup of the grated cheese. Mix until combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Combine the remaining 1 cup of cheese with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the top of the squash mixture.
6. Bake until the casserole is bubbly around the edges, about 30 minutes.
If zucchini are large, cut in half lengthwise first, and then cut into ¼-inch slices.