Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- 15 minutes Prep | 10 minutes Cooking
1. Combine all meatball ingredients; mix well.
2. Form mixture into tablespoon sized balls.
3. Brown meatballs on all sides in a large sauté pan. Add 2 tablespoons of water to pan, cover, reduce heat to low and continue cooking until fully cooked.
4. While meatballs are cooking, make sauce. Heat oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat.
5. Add sesame seeds and sauté for a few minutes, until seeds are lightly toasted.
6. Add teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger to saucepan; bring mixture to a gentle boil.
7. Combine cornstarch and ⅓ cup water and then slowly add to saucepan. Whisk sauce and continue cooking until thickened.
8. Add sauce to cooked meatballs and stir to coat.
Serve as an appetizer or with rice and stir-fry vegetables as a meal.