Tamale PiePrint Recipe
- 25 minutes Prep | 40 minutes Cooking
- 8-10 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9×13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper. Cook until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, then drain fat from the pan.
3. Stir in garlic, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, olives, salt, cumin and chile powder. Cook until heated through, about 7 minutes.
4. Add cheddar cheese, stir until just melted. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
1. Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl, stir until well blended. The cornbread batter will be thick. Place spoonfuls of the batter all over the meat, then use a spatula to smooth and fill in the topping.
2. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown, and the filling is bubbly. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
It’s easy to make a vegetarian version by removing the meat, and adding additional beans and vegetables.
Customize to your family’s food preferences: more spice, less spice, try adding different vegetables and seasonings.