Spinach and Mushroom QuichePrint Recipe
- 30 minutes (active) plus 10 minutes (cooling) Prep | 45-55 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cover pie shell with foil and bake for 8 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 4 more minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Reduce oven to 350°F.
4. While shell is baking, melt butter in large sauté pan, add onions and mushrooms and cook until slightly softened.
5. Squeeze thawed spinach between paper towels to remove excess moisture, then stir spinach into onion mixture.
6. In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk and eggs. Add salt and pepper along with half of the cheese.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the bottom of the par cooked pie shell, then top with onion mixture and then pour egg mixture over the top.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If crust begins to brown too much, cover edges with foil.
9. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting or once cooled to room temperature.
10. Chill until ready to reheat and serve.