Shrimp Burgers with Spicy MayonnaisePrint Recipe
- 10 minutes (active) plus 30 minutes (resting) Prep | 6-7 minutes Cooking
- 8 Servings
1. Sauté onion in 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat until tender, then set aside.
2. Finely chop shrimp and mix with Cajun seasoning and 1 cup of cracker crumbs in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and onion, stirring to combine.
3. Place remaining cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
4. Form shrimp mixture into about 8 patties, press into cracker crumbs and set on a plate.
5. Put patties into the freezer for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 1 hour, to firm up.
6. While patties are in the freezer, combine the spicy mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add firmed shrimp patties to the pan and cook until deep golden brown on each side.
8. Place on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
9. Make burgers as desired and serve.
For an appetizer alternative, form shrimp mixture into small patties instead and serve by themselves or on miniature hamburger buns.