Savory Stuffed MushroomsPrint Recipe
- 20 minutes Prep | 35-40 minutes Cooking
- 8 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Thoroughly clean mushrooms. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely, set aside. Place the mushroom caps in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the Marsala wine.
3. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and break it up with a spoon or spatula. Cook the sausage until it is brown and crumbly and cooked through.
4. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the green onions and the garlic, cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Add the panko breadcrumbs, stir until well blended.
7. Remove pan from heat, stir in the mayonnaise, Asiago and parsley. Mix well, taste, season with salt and pepper if desired. Cool.
8. Fill each mushroom cap with the sausage mixture, and place in a large baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Garnish with additional chopped parsley.