Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 20 minutes Prep | 25 minutes Cooking
- 6 Servings
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the enchilada sauce and cook until heated through, then remove skillet from the heat.
3. Stir in the cilantro, taste, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.
4. Set aside 2 cups of sauce for assembling the enchiladas.
1. Stir the shredded chicken, corn, mayonnaise and half of the cheese into the sauce that has not been set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and spread a little of the reserved sauce on the bottom of the pan.
2. Place ⅓ cup of the chicken filling in the middle of a tortilla and roll into a cylinder, like a cigar.
3. Repeat with each tortilla, placing them in the baking dish, seam side down.
4. Spread the reserved sauce over the rolled tortillas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes; garnish with additional chopped cilantro and tomato prior to serving.
In a hurry? Use store-bought rotisserie chicken.