- 20 minutes, plus 1 hour rise Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
- 12 Servings
1. Lightly grease a 12×18” rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Then pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into the pan, tilting the pan to coat evenly. The cooking spray keeps the dough from sticking, and the olive oil promotes a crunchy brown crust.
2. Combine the yeast and warm water in a large non-reactive bowl, let sit for 10 minutes.
3. To the same bowl add the flour, salt and mayonnaise. Stir until well combined, about 5 minutes. The dough will be sticky.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. With lightly greased hands, press down to flatten dough so that it covers the bottom of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F.
6. Poke the dough all over with your fingers, making sure to touch the bottom of the pan each time.
7. Drizzle the dough with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with the salt, rosemary and cheese.
8. Bake the bread until it is a light golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing or removing from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Can also be used as a pizza dough.