Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 20 minutes Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
- 6-8 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9” round cake pan.
2. For the topping, melt the butter and mix with the brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Spoon into the prepared pan, spreading to cover the bottom. Space the pineapple rings on top of the brown sugar mixture. Place a cherry in the center of each ring.
3. For the cake, beat the sugar, mayonnaise and egg in a large bowl until blended.
4. Add salt, baking powder and vanilla, mix well.
5. Add the flour alternating with the milk, mix on medium speed until smooth
6. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven, let rest 5 minutes. Loose the edges of the cake with a knife then turn the pan over onto a serving plate. Wait 3 minutes, and then lift the pan off.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Try using pears, peaches or plums for a delicious twist on this classic dessert.