Pimento Mac and Cheese
- 15 minutes Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan, add onions and cook until softened.
4. Whisk in flour and continue cooking, whisking constantly for about 3 minutes.
5. Add milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, while continuing to whisk constantly until thickened.
6. Stir in mayonnaise and all but 1 cup of cheese, stirring until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and pimentos.
7. Pour into a 9×13″ casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake 20-25 minutes until browned and bubbly.