Peaches ‘n Cream Upside Down Cake
- 20 minutes Prep | 40 minutes Cooking
- 8-10 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a round 8″ cake pan. Make topping: In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Add to prepared cake pan and spread to the edges. Layer sliced peaches on top in a circular pattern.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add Duke’s Mayonnaise and beat on low until just combined. Beat in flour mixture in batches until just incorporated.
4. Transfer to cake pan and bake until golden and toothpick comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Flip cake onto serving dish and wait 30 seconds more before removing cake pan.
6. Make whipped cream: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream with powdered sugar and remaining cinnamon until stiff peaks form.
7. Once cake is completely cooled, use a large serrated knife to halve lengthwise. Spread whipped cream on bottom cake layer and top with remaining cake layer. Serve.