- 30-45 minutes Prep | 18-20 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, grease and flour two 8″ cake pans.
2. Sift cocoa, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar into a medium bowl, mix well.
3. Combine mayonnaise, vanilla and water in an electric mixer at low speed. Once smooth, slowly add in dry mixture until just incorporated (do not over beat).
4. Pour batter into muffin tins with paper liners and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
1. Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy.
2. Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar.
3. Once it is incorporated, increase the speed to high and beat for 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. If the frosting seems too dry, add the milk one tablespoon at a time.
4. To decorate, cut a small cone out of the center of each cupcake. Put 1 teaspoon of pie filling in each and replace the top piece.
5.Frost each cupcake and top with red, white and blue sprinkles.