- 20 minutes Prep | 40 minutes Cooking
- 32 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 9×13” pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
3. Add mayonnaise, mix until fully combined. Scoop the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press it down into one even layer.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown.
5. Remove pan from oven; keep oven temperature at 350°F.
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sugar and the flour.
2. Add the eggs and lemon juice to the sugar mixture and stir until fully combined.
3. Pour the lemon mixture over the par-baked crust and return the pan to the oven.
4. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the lemon filling is set.
5. Remove pan from oven and cool for one hour, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 90 minutes.
6. Remove plastic wrap, sift powdered sugar over the top. Slice and enjoy.
If you close your eyes and imagine the perfect lemon bar, your mind might go to your grandmother’s classic recipe or to a platter of your mom’s famous homemade bars. They’re light enough to follow a hearty home-cooked lunch, yet satisfying enough that the simple recipe feels decadent. They can be served casually out of the pan as a simple dessert or dressed up for a party, cut into triangles, dusted with powdered sugar and served on crystal.
With a tart, tangy lemon filling and a dense shortbread crust, one bite of this heavenly dessert is all it takes to have guests begging for the secret to this amazing lemon bars recipe. The secret, of course, is the addition of Duke’s Mayonnaise to the lemon bar’s crust. Using Duke’s in the crust ensures that the shortbread doesn’t flake or crumble apart. Duke’s also adds a lemony tang to the crust that complements the tart lemon filling.
While this easy lemon bars recipe is great to make year round, whipping them up in the summer for a light afternoon treat goes great with a tall glass of cool milk. A light dusting of powdered sugar on top spruces up the appearance, and adds a hint of sweetness to complement the tangy filling flavor. Whether they are packed to have with lunch, paired with a cup of your favorite tea, or eaten at night alongside a scoop of ice cream, homemade lemon bars are the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.