Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 hour Prep | 10-12 minutes Cooking
- 10-12 Servings
1. For the tzatziki, combine all tzatziki ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
2. For the gyro, place meat in a large bowl; add 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, allspice, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir until meat is evenly coated with spices. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Heat remaining one tablespoon oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add meat and cook until desired doneness.
4. Assemble meat and tomatoes on flatbread or pita, top with tzatziki sauce.
Add thinly sliced red onion and chopped lettuce, if desired.