Gingerbread with Maple Syrup Whipped Cream
- 15 minutes Prep | 55 minutes Cooking
- 12-16 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour the bottom and sides of an 8×8 baking dish.
2. Place flour, mayonnaise, sugar, molasses, water, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt and egg in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 15 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl, and continue beating for 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. For maple syrup whipped cream, place cream in a mixing bowl and beat until slightly thickened. Slowly add the maple syrup and continue beating until soft peaks form.