Fried Tomato BLT Sandwich
- 20 minutes Prep | 5 minutes Cooking
- 4 Servings
1. Wash tomatoes and slice horizontally, about ½-inch thick. Discard the top and bottom end pieces, or save for another use.
2. Beat the egg in a small bowl.
3. Combine flour, cornmeal and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish or pie plate.
4. Pour enough oil in a skillet or cast iron pan to come up the side ½ inch. Heat oil to 350°F.
5. When oil becomes hot, dip tomato slices in the egg, then in the bread crumb mixture making certain both sides are evenly coated.
6. Place tomato slices in the hot oil being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until the bottom crust is golden brown. Flip the slices and cook the other side.
7. Remove the tomato slices from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
8. Repeat the cooking process with remaining tomatoes.
9. Assemble sandwiches with tomatoes, bacon, cheese and lettuce, and a healthy dollop of Duke’s Mayonnaise.