Fried Pickles with Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 15 minutes Prep | 20 minutes Cooking
- 4-6 Servings
1. For the sauce, mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until use.
2. For the fried pickles, spread the drained pickles on paper towels and pat dry.
3. Heat 1 inch of peanut oil in a pot over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 375°F.
4. While oil is heating, crack the eggs into a bowl, beat well. In another bowl, mix the flour, Italian seasoning and cayenne.
5. Add 10 pickles to the flour mixture and toss to coat. Remove pickles from the flour, shake off excess and then place in beaten eggs, coat well, then put back in the flour mixture and coat again.
6. Carefully place the pickles into the oil one at a time. Fry until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
7. Remove pickles from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
8. Return the oil to 375° and repeat process with remaining pickles.
9. Serve hot with the prepared sauce.