Fresh Spring Rolls
- 25 minutes Prep
- 6-8 Servings
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until use.
1. Dip a sheet of rice paper wrapper into a pan of warm water until rehydrated, about 5 seconds. Lay on a clean, flat work surface.
2. Lay a small amount of shrimp, carrot, cabbage, vermicelli and cilantro down the middle of the rice paper sheet.
3. Carefully roll the spring roll burrito-style, tucking in the sides, and folding the closes part of the rice paper towards the opposite end. Use caution when rolling, if rolled to tightly the spring roll will split.
4. Place completed spring rolls on a plate, serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Colorful, refreshing and surprisingly easy to make, this fresh spring roll recipe pairs traditional Vietnamese spring rolls with an irresistible, creamy peanut dipping sauce made with Duke’s Mayonnaise to bring the dish to a new level. Full of crisp vegetables, fresh herbs, tender shrimp, and delicate rice noodles, spring rolls make a great appetizer or lunch. Feel free to get creative with your roll fillings. Ingredients like bean sprouts, lettuce, snow peas, avocado, fresh basil, mint, cooked pork or chicken, tofu and bell pepper are all great additions.
Duke’s Mayonnaise adds rich flavor and creamy texture to a dynamic combination of ingredients that hits each of the five flavor profiles: savory flavor from peanut butter, sweetness from honey, earthy and spicy notes from garlic and red pepper flakes, saltiness from soy sauce, and tartness from the finish of rice vinegar. The rich flavor of the peanut dipping sauce is the perfect complement to the light and airy fresh spring rolls.
If you’re wondering how to make fresh spring rolls—it’s much easier than you might think. Most of the work is in the prep. Purchase matchstick carrots and pre-shredded cabbage to save a few minutes. Any flat, clean surface can serve as a rolling station. It’s easy and fun to roll the fresh spring rolls- simply dip the rice paper sheets in a large bowl or sheet pan filled with water for a few seconds, carefully lay on the counter, fill with fresh ingredients, and roll the spring roll burrito-style. It’s also a great dish for older children to help prepare because it’s so hands on and simple.
Many ingredients are suitable for this recipe including snow peas, avocado, fresh basil, mint, cooked pork or chicken, tofu and bell pepper.