Duke’s Streusel Coffee Cake
- 10-15 minutes (active) plus 5 minutes (cooling) Prep | 35-40 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line four 4×2″ mini loaf pans with aluminum foil extending foil 1 inch above top of each pan.
3. In a small bowl with fork, stir together 1 cup of the flour, the brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir in ½ cup of the mayonnaise until well mixed.
4. In medium bowl stir together remaining 1½ cups flour, the granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Make an indentation in center; add remaining ¾ cup mayonnaise, the eggs and vanilla; stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated (mixture should not be smooth).
6. Divide half the batter among loaf pans; spread to make even layers. Evenly crumble ¼ cup of pecan mixture into each pan.
7. Add remaining batter; spread to make even layers. Crumble remaining streusel on top; lightly pat into batter.
8. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
9. Cool 5 minutes in pans before removing.