1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease two cupcake pans and set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs until blended. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, vanilla extract and food color and mix until smooth and uniform in color.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend until combined.
6. Pour into the prepared pans, filling cups ⅔ full, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat until uniform and smooth.
2. Add confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time, beating after each cup.
3. Cool cupcakes completely before frosting.
Few treats are quite as irresistible as red velvet cupcakes. Our cupcakes are so delicious because of their secret ingredient – Duke’s. Yes, the same mayonnaise we use in potato salads works wonders for our cupcakes. A dollop of Duke’s makes cupcakes decadently moist and rich with flavor, which will make your day that much sweeter.