Duke’s Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 30 minutes (active) plus 30 minutes-1 hour (cooling) Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour two 9″ round cake pans and set aside.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and eggs until blended.
5. Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, vanilla extract and food color and mix until smooth and uniform in color.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend until combined.
7. Pour into the prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat until uniform and smooth.
2. Add confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time, beating after each cup.
3. Add frosting to cake once it has cooled completely.
Few treats are quite as irresistible as red velvet cake. Our cake is so delicious because of its secret ingredient – Duke’s. Yes, the same mayonnaise we use in potato salads works wonders for our red velvet cake. A dollop of Duke’s makes cakes decadently moist and rich with flavor, which will make your day that much sweeter.