Duke’s Classic Roasted Turkey
- 15 minutes (active) plus 30 minutes (cooling) Prep | 2 hours Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place turkey on rack in large roasting pan.
3. Place cut vegetables, lemon, and garlic inside the turkey cavity.
4. Season the turkey skin generously with salt and pepper.
5. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and poultry seasoning.
6. Rub the mixture on the turkey and place the turkey in the oven.
7. Reduce the temperature to 350°F.
8. Roast turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F, about 2½ hours.
9. Transfer the turkey to a platter and tent with foil. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before carving.