Duke’s Chocolate Cupcakes
- 35-40 minutes Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
- 24 Servings
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour 2 cupcake pans.
3. Sift cocoa, flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl, mix well.
4. Combine mayonnaise, vanilla, and water in an electric mixer at low speed.
5. Once smooth, slowly add in dry mixture until just incorporated (do not over beat).
6. Pour batter into cupcake pans, filling each up about ⅔ full to make 24 cupcakes.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until done. Cool on wire racks.
1. Beat butter and cocoa in electric mixer with whisk attachment until smooth.
2. Add vanilla.
3. Add confectioners’ sugar alternately with milk until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency. Note: you may not need all 6 cups of sugar, and you may need more than 6 tablespoons of milk.