Duke’s Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 25 minutes Prep | 45 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Lightly grease two 9″ diameter cake pans with 1½” high sides.
3. Line bottom of pans with wax paper and lightly grease.
4. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, mayonnaise and vanilla in a large bowl until combined.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into sugar mixture and stir to combine.
7. Mix in carrots, chopped nuts and raisins.
8. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally.
9. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cakes begin to pull away from sides of pans, about 45 minutes.
10. Cool in pans on racks 15 minutes.
11. Turn out cakes onto racks and cool completely.
1. Use an electric mixer to beat all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
2. Place one cake layer on platter. Spread with frosting. Top with other cake layer.
3. Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting in decorative swirls over sides and top of cake.