Duke’s Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Panko Crust
- 10 minutes Prep | 40-45 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In large pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
3. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
4. Add milk and cook, stirring until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
5. Remove from heat and add all but 1 cup grated cheese. Fold in mayonnaise.
6. Add macaroni and mix thoroughly.
7. Transfer mixture to 2 quart shallow casserole dish and sprinkle with reserved 1 cup of cheese.
8. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and combine with panko, then sprinkle evenly over top of casserole.
9. Place in oven for about 30 minutes until hot, bubbly, and light brown.