Duke’s 100th Anniversary Cake
- 20 minutes Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour two round cake pans.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside.
4. Beat sugar, mayonnaise, eggs and vanilla together in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
5. While beating on low, add half the flour mixture, then half the milk, repeating until completely combined.
6. Gently stir in sprinkles by hand.
7. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and continue to cool completely before frosting.
1. Beat together butter, shortening, vanilla and sugar.
2. Add milk slowly, continuing to beat until desired texture is reached.