1. Set up three bowls, one containing flour, one containing egg and buttermilk, and one containing the cornmeal.
2. Season the catfish with Old Bay, salt, and pepper.
3. Season each of the three bowls – flour, egg mix, and cornmeal – with salt and pepper as well.
4. Dredge the catfish in the flour, then the egg mix, then the cornmeal and set aside for 10 minutes to allow breading to be absorbed.
5. Heat oil to 360°F and fry each piece of catfish for 2-3 minutes or until cooked. Immediately drain on paper towels and season with kosher salt.
Shaved Onion Cabbage Slaw:
1. Place shredded cabbage and onion in a bowl.
2. Add all other ingredients and mix well to combine.
3. Allow to sit for 5 minutes for flavors to develop and to break down the cabbage.
Green Pepper Mayonnaise:
1. Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
1. Cut the bun in half.
2. Place a spoonful of the green pepper mayo on the bottom of the bun and place a pickle on top of the sauce.
3. Add the catfish on top of the pickle and top with the slaw.
4. Devour immediately!