- 20 minutes Prep | 20 minutes Cooking
- 8-10 Servings
1. In a large stock pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, drain on a paper towel.
2. Add onion and red pepper to pot and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add potatoes, chicken stock, thyme and garlic. Bring to a simmer, cover, cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Once potatoes are tender, use a potato masher and roughly mash about ½ of the potatoes.
5. In a small bowl, whisk flour into milk, then stir into the pot. Add corn, cream, mayonnaise and bacon. Stir to combine, cook until heated through.
6. Season with salt and pepper; top each serving with chopped chives.
Vegetarian version: omit the bacon, substitute vegetable stock for the chicken stock.