Chicken Quinoa CasserolePrint Recipe
- 15 minutes (active) plus 5-10 minutes (cooling) Prep | 50 minutes Cooking
1. Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse well.
2. Place in a medium saucepan along with 3 cups of water.
3. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and water is fully absorbed; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a 9×13" baking dish.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine mayonnaise and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until onion starts to soften.
6. Whisk in flour, cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, then whisk in milk and seasonings.
7. Bring to a simmer while stirring constantly until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
8. Turn off heat, whisk in cheese, then combine with cooked quinoa, vegetables and chicken.
9. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.