Chicken and Sweet Potato Waffles
- 10 minutes Prep | 30 minutes Cooking
1. Combine flour, spices, and salt together in a shallow dish; set aside.
2. In another dish, combine mayonnaise and buttermilk.
3. Heat 1″ of oil in a large, heavy frying pan to about 350°F.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into flour mixture, shake off excess, dip into mayonnaise mixture, then dip back into flour.
5. Carefully place coated chicken into hot oil, making sure not to crowd the pan. The chicken may need to be cooked in batches.
6. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 6-10 minutes on each side, while maintaining oil temperature at about 315-330°F.
7. Add remaining chicken and cook as above. Cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F.
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Combine egg, milk, mayonnaise, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients and mashed sweet potatoes to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
4. Cook the waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
5. Top the waffles with butter, chicken, and maple syrup.