Caramelized Onion PizzettaPrint Recipe
- 20 minutes Prep | 20-25 minutes Cooking
1. Combine onions and olive oil in a sauté pan set over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until onions are very soft. Add a few teaspoons of water when needed to prevent onions from burning or sticking.
2. Once onions are very soft, add sugar and balsamic vinegar.
3. Increase heat to medium and continue cooking, while constantly stirring until onions are deep brown.
4. While onions are cooking, combine Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper; set aside.
5. Heat oven to 425°F.
6. Unroll dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
7. Prick generously with a fork and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
8. Remove crust from oven.
9. Spread Parmesan mixture over crust, then top with onions and arrange tomato slices on top.
10. Bake for 10-15 more minutes.