Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
- 20 minutes (active) plus 10 minutes (cooling) Prep | 45 minutes-1 hour Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cover pie shell with foil and bake for 8 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 4 more minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Reduce oven to 350°F.
4. While shell is baking, melt butter in large sauté pan, add onions and cook until slightly softened.
5. Steam broccoli until just tender; set aside.
6. In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, milk and eggs. Add salt and pepper along with half the cheese.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on bottom of the par-cooked pie shell, then top with onions and broccoli. Pour egg mixture over top.
8. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If crust begins to brown too much, cover edges with foil.
9. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting or once cooled to room temperature, chill until ready to reheat and serve.