BLT Potato Salad
- 15 minutes Prep | 40 minutes Cooking
- 8-10 Servings
1. Place the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the salt in a large pot. Cover by 1 inch with cool water, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside to cool completely. Meanwhile, cook the bacon.
2. Place the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook until the fat renders and the bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve and slightly cool 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat (but do not let it solidify).
3. Whisk the Duke’s Mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, pepper, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and bacon fat together in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, ½ cup of the bacon, tomatoes, and scallions, and toss to combine.
4. Just before serving, add the lettuce and toss again. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon.
Summer in a bowl. Two of the season’s best dishes combine to make one powerhouse side that’ll steal the spotlight from the hamburgers and hotdogs at your next cookout.