BBQ Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- 15 minutes Prep | 25 minutes Cooking
- 8-10 Servings
1. Grease a deep dish pan pie or 8×8” baking dish; set aside. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine dry cornbread ingredients in a large bowl. Combine wet cornbread ingredients in another bowl, then add to dry ingredients and blend just until combined.
3. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes.
4. While cornbread is baking, mix together chicken, beans and BBQ sauce. When time is up, sprinkle cornbread with half the cheese, top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Return dish to oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
5. Remove dish from oven, sprinkle with cilantro, let sit 5 minutes and serve.
Like an upside down tamale pie.
Tasty way to use up leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken.
An easy dish that comes together quickly with pantry ingredients.
Add canned corn, bell peppers or other veggies as desired.
Mix minced jalapenos into the cornbread for a spicy kick.