Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
- 15 minutes Prep | 20 minutes Cooking
- 5 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut top ⅓ off of tomatoes, discard. Remove seeds and pulp from each tomato to create a tomato “cup”.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and spinach, sauté until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir for 30 seconds, remove pan from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir, then add spinach mixture and continue to stir until well blended.
5. Place tomatoes in a shallow baking dish. Fill each tomato with the spinach-quinoa mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.