Baked Gouda Mac and Cheese
- 20 minutes Prep | 45 minutes Cooking
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the flour and cook for 2-4 minutes.
3. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add the cheeses, Duke’s and ground nutmeg.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to coat evenly.
6. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and olive oil.
7. Add the pasta to greased ramekins. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the pasta, dividing evenly among the ramekins.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the cheese sauce is bubbly.