Bacon Pecan Bars
- 30 minutes Prep | 40 minutes Cooking
- 24 Servings
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×8” square baking dish and line it with foil, leaving an overhang on two sides. Lightly butter the foil.
2. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
3. Add the butter and mayonnaise, pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake until lightly golden, about 20 minutes. If a food processor is not available, use a pastry blender or two forks to blend ingredients.
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp; drain on paper towels.
2. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla. Stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Increase heat slightly and bring to a gentle boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat, stir in chopped pecans and bacon.
5. Pour the pecan mixture over the par-cooked crust. Bake until filling is brown and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.