Bacon and Mushroom Potato Salad
- 15 minutes Prep | 15 minutes Cooking
- 8 Servings
1. Scrub potatoes clean and cut into large chunks. Add the potatoes to a large pot and pour over enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch.
2. Bring water to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, or about 10 minutes. When potatoes are done, drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, add the bacon to a medium skillet and cook over medium-low heat until crispy or about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to soak up any excess grease. Chop and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of leftover bacon fat from the skillet and carefully discard any remaining.
4. Using the same skillet, add the bacon fat and mushrooms and cook over medium heat until crispy. Add the garlic and shallots and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
5. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Add the potatoes, bacon, crispy mushrooms, peas, cherry peppers and scallions. Mix until well incorporated and finish with a light dusting of paprika.